Reporting Bugs against Zope Packages¶
This outline needs fleshing out.
Identifying the Project which Has the Bug¶
- Look at tracebacks from “bottom up”.
- Look for recently updated eggs.
Writing the Bug Report¶
- Identify version(s) of code which manifest the bug
- Describe the symptom as clearly as possible.
- Provide a complete recipe for reproducing the bug.
Useful Patches for the Bug Report¶
In order of increasing helpfulness:
- Changes to non-test code which work around the problem
- Unit tests which fail against the current code
- Changes to non-test code, which pass against those tests.
Bug Triage and Workflow¶
- Assigning bugs
- Bugs with patches jump the queue
- Semantics of status values
- ‘wontfix’ vs. ‘incomplete’
- Bugs affecting more than one project
- Status may differ.
- Track bug in the project whose release will resolve it, not in dependent projects (these should be “wontfix”).